Fire protection consultant, code trainer, and author. He served with the Fairfax County, Virginia, Fire & Rescue Department for 25 years as a firefighter, company officer, and fire prevention officer retiring as a Captain II. He was active in the code development process on local, state, and national levels. He works today as a consultant for fire departments, building and fire code enforcement offices and helps develop code administration programs for local governments. He is an ICC Preferred Education Provider. He lives in Berryville, Virginia.
A.A.S., Fire Science Administration/ Fire Investigation, Northern Virginia Community
College, Annandale, Virginia- May 1995, Cum Laude.
B.S., Fire Science, University of Maryland University College, College Park, Maryland-
August 1995. Member, Alpha Sigma Lambda, National Honor Society.
CBO, Certified Building Official, International Code Council
Fire Inspector, Commonwealth of Virginia
Boards, Committees and Professional Affiliations:
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1031 Committee (2011 Present)
- Virginia Fire Prevention Association (Life Member)
- Virginia Fire Services Board Code Change Committee (1996-1998)
- Loudoun County Virginia Board of Building and Fire Prevention Code Appeals (1994-2000)
- International Code Council, International (ICC)
- Virginia Building & Code Officials Association (VBCOA)
- Virginia State Fire Chiefs Association (VFCA)
- International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF)